Best Portable Air Conditioner 2020
Best Portable Air Conditioners 2020-If you’re looking to buy the Best Window Air Conditioners then you’ve come to the right place.But Which Is The best place to buy a portable air conditioner? I’ve written a complete Best Air Conditioners 2020 review guide to make it easy for you to choose the Best Buy Air Conditioners 2020 for your budget and needs. So without delay, checkout our best selling top 10 Best Portable Air Conditioners 2020 list and find out which is the best suit for you.
The Best Portable Air Conditioner-Comparison
This air conditioner is money well spwnt. It’s easy to install in anyroom. The unit was a little bit heavy but they made the packaging easy to take off the unit.
“I bought the AC last week after being hit with 90F weather in Southern California and because my 2nd floor bedroom facing the sun during the day makes sleeping at night unbearable. I also rent so landlord doesn’t allow us to install anything to the window/wall. AC arrived on time and assembling it was very easy. There are cheaper ones at Home Depot, but Consumer Report rated this one as #1 and I wanted it to be delivered because it’s so heavy (I’m single & live alone). The only part that needed extra work was the window kit because it was too small for my window even after the extension. So, I went to Home Depot and bought a piece of wood that they cut to my measurements, which in my case was 12″ in length. I also bought weather stripping to ensure there would be no gaps in installation. I painted the wood piece white and then assembly was a piece of cake after that. The only eye sore is the exhaust tunnel/pipe which the cat tree hides nicely. See the pictures for more detail. I slept really well last night and I even felt cold and had to lower the temperature 🙂 I’m very happy with this product!”GO TO TOP
- 3-in-1 Functions: AC Cooling, Fan & Dehumidifier
- Dehumidification capacity: Up to 66 pints per day
- Easy install window vent kit for vertical/horizontal windows – Adjustable bracket (from 19.7” to 38.2” or 47.2”), Exhaust Hose (Length 12” to 47”)
- Washable Filtration System – Easy to clean regularly under a faucet.
- Smart Digital Thermostat control with Front, feather-touch controls & display
- 24 Hour Energy-Saving Timer
- Full function Remote Control
- 1 Year Warranty backed by US customer service hotline that connects directly to Honeywell Portable AC in-house support team, ready to assist you
- Ideal for small to medium rooms: bedroom, studio apartment, living room, home office & den
This unit replaced an air cooler that I bought last year and this has been an absolute God send! I completely regret buying that air cooler and wish I would have thought of ordering this air conditioner instead!! I work night shifts and sleep, of course, during the heat of the day and this unit has worked beautifully cooling my bedroom down to a comfortable level. We have been having “a heat wave” if you want to call it that in my state with an average of 95 degrees and it has been doing an excellent job of keeping my bedroom cool and comfortable. I ordered a widow kit (also off Amazon) that basically is strips of Velcro that you attach to your window and frame and attach a zippered material that fills in the gap between the two and you unzip where you want the exhaust hose to vent out of and it’s simple as that! I don’t live in a humid state so I can’t say if the tank fills up with water often but the manual states that it shouldn’t often? I’m sure that depends in the area you live but I don’t think I’ll have to worry about that but that seemed to be another “complaint” about his unit. So far, as an owner of a few days, I have absolutely no complaints. Easy to set up, cools my room perfectly and is so much quieter than an air cooler. I can hear my tv even on the highest fan setting. I also like the fact that I can heat my room in the winter so this unit can be used year round for me! I think if you can make sure it’s capable of cooling your room, you won’t be disappointed!GO TO TOP
- COOL AS A CUCUMBER: Keeps a room, home, bedroom, apartment, dorm or garage that is approximately 100 – 150 square feet
- DESIGN ENGINEERING: Vertical motion creates a steady and powerful airflow that provides consistent temperature in any room in the house.
- TOP TECHNOLOGY: Enjoy the simplicity and precision of programmable, electronic controls and the clarity of an LED digital display.
- 3-IN-1: Bucket less designed cooling unit combines cooling, fan and dehumidification modes with a simple quiet and noiseless operation.
It’s good looking, easy to setup, effectively cools areas much larger than 550 sq ft, and isn’t loud. I spent many many hours researching AC units that look good and fit in with my thoughtful Pinterest inspired decor. This is the only good looking non-window unit AC I have found, and it works with my smart home systems, most importantly Amazon’s Alexa.
It has a great app, and you can schedule it to turn on and off. It has a nice remote too, but I really only use Alexa to control it.
This is a great portable AC which is unfortunately just a few design flaws away from perfection. Some things I wish I’d known
Re-imagine what a portable room air conditioner should look like with the new 12, 000 BTU cool connect smart cylinder by Frigidaire gallery. Featuring LED lighting, a modern mesh grill, and a sleek new shape, this unique unit blends seamlessly into any room. In addition, you can cool your room from anywhere, anytime using your smart device. The Frigidaire app provides you the convenience to remotely turn the unit on or off, change temperature, plus control modes and fan speeds. With effortless Scheduling, conveniently develop a custom schedule for your AC 24 hours a day. Ideal for cooling a room up to 550 square feet you can easily program your AC day and night, during the week, and on weekends. Please note: product available for use only within the contiguous United States. The Frigidaire app is available on apple’s itunes store and runs on the iphone, iPad, and iPad mini. For Android smart devices (smart phones and tablets) you can download the app at Google play.GO TO TOP
- Wi-Fi ready Connected room air conditioner with Frigidaire smart app for mobile operation
- 12, 000 BTUs Cools up to a 550 square foot room with 3 pints per hour dehumidification
- 360-Degree airflow Circulates cool air in an upwards, continuous spiral ensuring it reaches every corner of your room faster
- 3 cooling speeds, 3 fan speeds and 24-hour on/off timer
- Auto cool function, energy saver mode and sleep mode for cooling flexibility.B
This Whynter ARC-12S 12,000 Btu Portable Air Conditioner draws warm, humid air from the room and converts it into cool and fresh air. The sleek, platinum-colored mobile unit features auto drain technology for controlling condensation, an easy-to-install single hose venting system, and three operational modes: cooling, fan only, and dehumidifying.See more-Portable air conditionar forum
This unit was quieter than other ones that I have purchased. I placed it in a room that has pour insulation and direct sun exposure which meant that the A/C compressor must run non-stop all day. It did fine. Other A/C units that I had eventually needed a break and shut off the compressor. This one just keeps going. That being said, most of these units claim to cool a larger area then they actually do. I live in an older mobile home in Arizona where the outside temperature gets 105. This unit can cool a 50 square foot room perfectly but cannot bring a 170 square foot room below 84 degrees with an outside temperature of 105. These numbers will not be the same if running in a well insulated home.GO TO TOP
- Three operational modes: air conditioner, fan or dehumidifier
- Full thermostatic control (61°F – 89°F) with digital readout, 24 hour programmable timer
- Remote control, upgraded plastic window kit (46″ max.), carbon air filter and washable pre-filter included
- Dehumidifying capacity of 91 pints per day, 3 fan speeds. Includes extendable exhaust hose (up to 60″) and window kit (up to 46″)
- Max. window kit length = 46″ , Min. window kit length = 20″ B
Keep the environment cool even during those scorching hot summer season with Haier HPC12XCR Portable Electronic Air Conditioner. This room venting device features three cool settings, an on/off 24-hour timer, and a dehumidifying mode which will help in eliminating humidity from the interiors especially during rainy season. The quick-install window kit includes an exhaust hose that can be placed in a vertical or horizontal window opening. 12000 BTU AC instantly cools 350-450 square feet room area.
This portable AC is a great value for 10,000 BTU and the price i paid, around $260. You will quickly find all other portable AC are about $100 dollars more than this one, so value is very important to establish here.
I purchased 2 of these and both behave exactly as the following, so i’m pretty confident this review is accurate:
The only setback is it takes a while to actually cool the room once turned on, there is a label on it that says, please wait 5 minutes for cooling to begin after turning on. This time is more like 30 minutes before it actually starts to affect the rooms temperature. We use these each in 2 different ~250 square foot rooms and that behavior holds true in both scenarios. After about that 30 minute mark, it certainly cools the room, even in 85 degree outside temperatures. I have had 10,000BTU window AC units begin cooling much faster than this in the past, but the portable ac design sacrifices some performance for the extra functionality.GO TO TOP
- Electronic controls with full function remote control
- Digital time/temperature display and control with 24 hour on/off timer
- 3 cooling and fan speeds
- Dehumidify mode
- Cools rooms 350-450 square feet
- Unit Dimensions:27.75 in H x 16.88 in W x 14.25 in D
- Window exhaust kit with exhaust hose length 5.0 ft
Read More:Best Seller:BLACK + DECKER BPACT08WT
The NewAir AC-14100E portable AC is powerful enough to quickly cool a 525-square-foot area. Built with high quality components, this unit also features an Efficiency Booster. Add water to the tank to improve performance and save on energy costs! Enjoy 14,000 BTUs of cooling power while spending less money. It’s fully portable, with casters, an easy-to-install window kit and a remote control. It also includes automatic temperature controls and a 24 hour timer so you can enjoy custom and continuous comfort.
Overall, this is a great product. This is the 3rd portable A/C brand (and 4th unit) I’ve bought in the last 6 years and my favorite of them all. My sister and I are Doctor Who fans and the first thing my sister said after I set it up was “Your new A/C look like a Dalek!” (which we love).
But first, I should provide a little detail on the environment in which I have this A/C as this plays a huge part in how well a portable A/C works for you and therefore impacts the review.GO TO TOP
- 14,000 BTU portable air conditioner cools up to 525 sq ft
- Automatically maintains your ideal temperature
- Control timer and sleep functions with the convenient wireless remote
- Cools rooms up to 525 sq. ft. – perfect for living rooms, studio apartments or light commercial spaces
- Portable unit is easy to move and quick to set up.B
Room to room, house to house or home to work, LG’s portable air conditioner is the ideal climate-control solution for when you’re on the go. With a sleek contemporary design, this free-standing portable unit blends in with any room decor. Our auto-swing air vent technology makes sure you enjoy every bit of cool air by circulating the cool air more efficiently so no hot spot will be left untouched. The auto evaporation system allows for continuous use and with the programmable 24-hour on/off timer, you can control the temperature even when you’re not there.GO TO TOP
Honestly, it’s an awesome air conditioner. Is it loud? No. Does it make noise? Duh. I mean come on people….it’s an air conditioner. We have our literally set up next to our TV and it’s no louder than a box fan set on high. As for those who say it doesn’t cool their homes….it’s 8,000 btu, what are you expecting? We live in a 900sqft apt and it works well to cool our living room/dining room/kitchen. They aren’t meant to cool an entire house so if that is what you’re looking for call a central air company! Looks great. Works great. And is NOT as loud as others lead you to believe.
- Portable air conditioner with auto evaporation system
- 8000 BTU (ASHRAE-128 Standard) / 5500 BTU (DOE 2017 Standard)
- Uses a standard 115-volt/15 amp electrical outlet (6-ft. long power cord)
- Cools a room up to 150 sq. ft. with up to 1.8 pints per hour dehumidification
- Top, inclined air discharge with auto swing louvers helps eliminate hot spots
Best Air Conditioners 2020
LG’s 115V Portable Air Conditioner with LCD remote control is the ideal climate-control solution for when you’re on the go – room to room, house to house or home to work, the installation is quick and easy. The innovative dehumidification function mixes cool dry air with the warm air to keep you comfortable and prevent over-cooling. The oscillating air vent technology circulates the dispersed air more efficiently, so no hot spot will be left untouched. Plus, with the programmable 24-hour on/off timer, you can control the temperature even when you’re not there! In October 2017, the Department of Energy implemented a new test procedure to determine the BTU rating of portable air conditioners. The procedural change has adjusted the amount of BTUs allowed to be claimed downward by as much as 50%. There have been no internal changes to these units, and the functionality remains the same. Please refer to room size guidelines to find the portable air conditioner that best meets your needs
It is quiet and powerful with no vibrations or rattles (many reviews I read of other similar products had rattles/vibrations). It only took a few minutes to cool down my large living room then the compressor cycled off! I have no problem hearing the TV over it (unlike most window units big enough to cool this space!) The remote is very nice looking as well.
What impresses me the most is the window insert– It is thick and robust providing its own insulation power with the exception of the part where the actual duct hole is. (Photo #1) They also include several extra insert pieces so you can mix and match to get the best fit for your window. Then to top it off the pieces interlock with slots so you get a very tight fit. (photo #2) Now the locking holes are about 1 inch apart so you could have a situation where when you get a tight fit in the window a locking hole wont line up. However, it would be an easy matter to drill a custom hole in the track where you need to get the perfect fit.GO TO TOP
- Portable air conditioner uses standard 115V electrical outlet
- 12000 BTU (ASHRAE-128 Standard) / 7000 BTU (DOE 2017 Standard)
- Cools a room up to 300 sq. ft.
- Dehumidification up to 1.2 pints per hour
- Dehumidification function mixes cool dry air with the warm air
- Best Laptop For Students
- Best Tablet Under 100
- Best Cheap Bluetooth Speaker
- Best Cheap Digital Camera
- Best Drone Under 200
- Best All In One Printer
Whynter is going GREEN! With this new Eco-friendly CFC free, lead free and high enery efficiency portable air conditioner, you can stay cool while keeping with better environmental standards and reducing energy consumption. This Whynter GREEN ARC-14S portable air conditioner features the ECO-FRIENDLY CFC free GREEN R-410A refrigerant and lead free RoHS compliant components. This unit features the patented advance auto drain technology, which uses and recycles moisture collected during the cooling process to produce cool air. The dual hose operation provides fast cooling. This unit can cool up to a 500 sq. ft. space (ambient temperature and humidity may influence optimum performance)
I purchased two of these Whynter units for my home in the San Francisco Bay Area, where it’s rather uncommon to have central air in an older house. I also have two of the TP-Link Smart Outlets monitoring the power utilization of these, and based on my tier of $0.39/Kw, they cost about $50-$70 per unit per month to operate. Well worth it with the following adjustments. Although it’s fairly well known that these units are not as efficient or affective as their window-mount counterparts, they seem to get the job done, with a few DIY tweaks:GO TO TOP
- Three operational modes: Quietest air conditioner, fan or dehumidifier. This unit can cool up to a 500 square feet space.
- Full thermostatic control (61°F – 89°F) with digital readout, 24 hour programmable timer
- Remote control, carbon air filter, washable pre-filter, and product manual packaged inside exhaust hose.
- Dehumidifying capacity of 101 pints per day, 3 fan speeds. Includes extendable exhaust and intake hose.
- Maximum power consumption: 1250 W / 10.8 A .
- This model has cool function only and doesn’t have heater
This unit’s auto restart function stores your settings, so that in case of a power outage, it will restart at previous function when power resumes.
With an impressive EER of 8.9, this unit consumes less energy than others in its class.
Equipped with an auto-drain system that exhausts most condensate, the need to manually drain water from the unit is significantly reduced.
this portable air conditioner uses non ozone-depleting R410A refrigerant and is made with all RoHS compliant components that are free of harmful chemicals.
its been seriously unseasonably hot in the Silicon Valley area this year. Over 10 days >100, upper 90’s for multiple weeks.best central air conditioner-2019
Our house, like most houses here, doesn’t have central air. We had a portable AC that we would wheel out for those few days that it was hot, but most of the time window fans keeps the place nice.
But this year, the AC we had just wasn’t keeping up. It would keep the living room from getting too hot, but it wasn’t keeping the living room cool. So we saw good reviews on this unit and thought we would give it a try.
- Three operational modes: Cooling/Dehumidifying/Fan
- R410 refrigerant
- 14,000btu cooling power
- 3 fan speeds
- Recommended for 550-700 sq. ft.
Best Air Conditioners 2020-Buying Guide
According to bestbuy.com and www.consumerreports.org We Find Most Fantastic Airconditionar buying Guide-Which are below
Things to Consider
Look for Energy Misers
New Energy Star room air conditioners come with better insulating materials and clearer instructions that help ensure you get a good seal around the unit, minimizing leaks.
Note the Noise
Models that scored Excellent or Very Good in our noise tests are so quiet that the only sound you might hear is the fan running. Air conditioners that scored Fair for noise could disturb light sleepers when set on low and are distracting to all when set on high.
Factor In the Window Location
Window air conditioners generally do a better job blowing air in one direction. That can be a problem if your window isn’t centered on the wall. To uniformly cool a room, you’ll need to direct air to its center, so check to see whether your AC needs to blow air to the right or to the left. Some have fan arms that swivel.
Install It Correctly
To get the most from your window air conditioner it must be properly installed. Most units are intended for double-hung windows. If you have casement windows, you may want to consider buying a through-the-wall air conditioner. Make sure your window unit is level so that it drains correctly. And move any heat-generating devices such as a TV or lamp away from the unit.
Check Filter Location
Make sure you can easily access the filter for cleaning, something you’ll be doing frequently to keep the unit in tip-top condition.
Consider Intelligent Cooling
Some air conditioners have gotten smarter, allowing you to control and adjust them from your smartphone. You may even be able to interconnect them to other cooling units in your home.
Watch the Warranty
Some air conditioners have longer warranties than others. When you’re buying a new unit, check the manufacturer’s website for information, and ask the retailer about the warranty for the brand and model you’re considering buying.
Sizing Up Your Options
Before you consider price and features, start by determining the size of unit you need for the space you want to cool, as well as where you’ll place the unit. The window air conditioners in our tests have cooling capacities ranging from 5,000 to 12,500 British thermal units (Btu).
To measure your room, multiply the length of the room by the width. But don’t buy by Btu alone. Energy Star recommends that you make allowances for other considerations—such as the height of your ceiling, where the unit will be placed, and the size of your windows and doorways. In addition:
• If the room is heavily shaded, reduce capacity by 10 percent.
• If the room is extra sunny, increase capacity by 10 percent.
• If more than two people regularly occupy the room, add 600 Btu for each additional person.
• If the unit is used in a kitchen, increase capacity by 4,000 Btu.
Which Model Is Right for You?
Some small window units cost less than $200, which makes them a tempting proposition—but only if you need to cool a very small space. If you need to cool a larger area, you’ll want to focus your search on units that better match your square footage.
Almost all the window units we tested meet the latest Energy Star standards, which require them to be at least 10 percent more efficient than units without that certification. Standout models have quiet operation and convenient controls, and they work under brownout conditions. Check our air conditioner ratings to see to how they stacked up.
Window Air Conditioners
Small—Capacity ranges from 5,000 to 6,500 Btu. Cools roughly 100 to 300 square feet. These units are the smallest, lightest, and least expensive, but they can’t adequately cool a room measuring more than 300 square feet.
Cost: $150 to $250.
Medium—Capacity ranges from 7,000 to 8,200 Btu. Cools roughly 250 to 400 square feet. Prices start creeping up, and their size and weight can make them more difficult to install and remove for winter storage.
Cost: $200 to $400.
Large—Capacity ranges from 9,800 to 12,500 Btu. Cools between 350 and 650 square feet. Best for cooling a large room, but the bulk and weight make these models awkward and difficult to install.
Cost: $350 to $600.
Portable Air Conditioners
Portable models are intended for homes in which window configurations or building regulations prevent installation of window units. The portable air conditioners in our tests range from 9,000 to 15,500 Btu. But don’t compare portable and window air conditioners by that measurement alone.
Our latest air-conditioner tests found that portables aren’t as good at cooling as manufacturers claim. Plus they’re pricey and use more energy than similarly sized window units. And because all the mechanicals are sitting in the room, they tend to be noisier than window-mounted units. And “portable” is a misnomer—their 50- to 80-pound weight can make them cumbersome and ungainly to roll across carpets or thresholds.
Cost: $300 to $700.
Split Ductless Air Conditioners
Split ductless is a smart way to add air conditioning to a limited number of rooms without having to open up walls to install ductwork—as you would with a central-air system—or install and remove multiple window units each year. Though we haven’t tested split ductless recently, in our past tests all did an excellent job cooling and were much quieter indoors and out than window air conditioners. Indeed, on the low setting they were barely audible.
Split ductless is more expensive than window or portable units (and professional installation is recommended) but less expensive than central air if you are cooling only a few rooms. However, if you are looking to cool the majority of your home, a central air-conditioning system is probably the more cost-effective choice.
Cost: $1,000 and up.
Portable Air Conditioner
- These types of air conditioners offer more flexibility than window or in-wall air conditioners since they don’t require permanent installation and can be moved from room to room. If you plan on transporting your portable unit regularly, be sure to find a model with casters since they can be quite heavy. These units use the air from inside the room to cool the condenser and exhaust the hot air out of a hose that vents through a window, sliding door, wall or ceiling. There are a few ways water is drained from portable air conditioners. In self-evaporating systems, often referred to as “swamp coolers,” the water condensation is recycled back into the air. If you buy a condensate pump, excess water will be pumped outside through a hose. Other models require you to manually empty the water tank every few hours.Advantages of a portable air conditioner:
- Easy set up and doesn’t require permanent installation
- Can be moved from room to room
- Casters for easy movement
- Remote control
- Takes up floor space
Window Air Conditioners
- Available in a number of sizes and cooling capacities, these types of units can be used as a primary cooling source in a room, or in combination with your central AC. Before purchasing a window unit, you’ll want to take measurements to ensure it will properly fit your window. You’ll also want to look at the outlet in your wall to make sure it’s compatible with the kind of plug on the AC unit.Window units are made for three different types of windows — standard, slider and casement. These units are installed in an open window with the hot air exhaust facing outside and the cool air return system facing inside. A shaded window will offer extra cooling efficiency.
Fixed chassis vs. slide-out chassis
A chassis is a frame that supports the air conditioner. It’s important to note whether the chassis is fixed or not because units with a slide-out chassis can be installed in a window or a wall, while a fixed-chassis unit can only be installed in a window. A slide-out chassis enables easy maintenance and cleaning since the inside of the machine is easily accessible once you slide out the chassis.
Advantages of a window air conditioner:
- Allows for extra floor space
- Easy to install and uninstall
- Some models have a slide-out chassis
- Remote control
Through-the-Wall Air Conditioners
- Wall air conditioners are very similar to window air conditioners with the main difference being that they sit in your wall instead of in a window opening. These units exhaust heat and humidity from the room to the outside and fit through a hole in an exterior wall. They require a sleeve, which is a metal device that holds the air conditioner in the wall to support its weight. If you already have a sleeve installed, you’ll need to identify what type it is. If there’s no existing sleeve and you need to put a hole in your wall, professional installation is recommended.
Slide-out chassis vs. through-the-wall sleeves
Slide-out chassis air conditioners come as one unit — the chassis and the sleeve. These units vent through the sides and the back of the air conditioner. Through-the-wall air conditioners do not come with a sleeve. Sleeves are sold separately and these units only vent through the back of the air conditioner
Advantages of a through-the-wall air conditioner:
- Typically available in higher cooling capacities than window units
- Allows for extra window space
- Can be placed almost anywhere
- Airtight and secure fit
- Remote control
- Digital thermostat
- What is the best portable air conditioner on the market?
- Best window air conditioner
- Best buy portable air condition
- Best central air conditioner brand
- Best room air conditioner 2021
- Best Bluetooth Speaker 2020
- Best Gaming Headset 2020
- Best Wireless Headphone 2020