Best Drone Under 500 2020-2021
Best Overall:Force1 Helicopter Drone Under 500
Best Affordable:DJI Phantom 3 Drone Under 500
Best Budget:Altair 818 Beginner Camera Drone
Best Flying:DJI Spark, Fly More Combo Under 500
Best Camera:Holy Stone HS110D Drone 500
Best Drones Under 500 2020-If you’re looking to buy the Best Drones Under 500 then you’ve come to the right place. I’ve written a complete Best Video Drones Under 500 review guide to make it easy for you to choose the for your budget and needs. Our more reviews on camera, phone, Computer,Printer, Sewing machine, Camcorder,Coffeemaker, Refrigerator,Ice Maker, Wireless Headphone,Best Microwave Oven etc.So without delay, checkout our best selling top 15 Best Drones Under 500 In 2019 list and find out which is the best suit for you. Check More: Best Drone Under 200 Under 300 Under 100.Also SEE:Top 3 Drones
Drone Under 500-Trending Now
Drones Under 500 2020- Comparison
Top 3 Drone Under 500
Best Drone Under 500
Drone Under 500
Best Budget Drone Under $500
Five Star Review:This was an awesome Christmas gift to buy for my husband! He loved the color scheme and the hand held remote controller has a ton of great features. I have never seen him so happy with a gift as he has very few hobbies, My brother watched him open it and loved it so much that I bought a second for my brother’s birthday, Dec. 29th. My husband read all the directions as he set it all up, then reread the directions again to make sure everything was good to go. The very first nice day, during the holidays, he took it outside and flew it three to four times. IT WAS AWESOME!!! The tricks he learned to do were awesome and the video’s he made with it were OUTSTANDING!!! If you want a GREAT hobby and do business with a company that you can trust, you should buy this drone, especially from this company!! They were great to me and they will be to you too!!!!
- 720P HD DRONE WITH CAMERA LIVE VIDEO: Camera drone is one of our best quadcopter drones with camera for adults and kids; see 720p video drone camera footage w/ Flyingsee app
- ✅ WIFI DRONE QUADCOPTER: See drone FPV + VR w/ iPhone or Android; Custom Route Mode makes RC drone flight paths; Gravity Mode uses phone motion for drone quadcopter control
- ✅ RC DRONE FOR BEGINNERS: 6-axis gyro enables steady RC quadcopter drone flight; Altitude Hold + Headless Mode make this one of our best beginner drones for kids and adults
- ✅ 3 BATTERIES: These perfect drones for adults and kids fly up to 18 min. per flight; these drones for beginners let you fly again and again and again
- ✅ QUALITY ASSURED: Fly happy! We’ll provide a full refund if you’re not 100% tickled pink with your drone with camera live video.Read Review…
Drone Under 500
The Phantom 3 Standard is the best way to start enjoying aerial photography, even with no prior experience. With the all-in-one ready to fly design and simple GPS- assisted flight, the Phantom 3 Standard lets you focus on taking great pictures and videos from the sky. With a range of over half a mile and crystal clear live video streaming over Wi-Fi to your mobile device on the free DJI Go app, the Phantom 3 Standard delivers sophisticated functionality with a simple learning curve and an accessible price point.
To anyone thinking the Standard is substandard – LOL – I own one and love it. It is the perfect drone for a first time pilot, and I know several experienced pilots who buy the Standard as back up drones. The main limitation of the Standard is that the range it can fly is about half of the higher up models, and it uses fewer GPS signals and has no downward looking visual “eye” like the advanced and pro, so it will drift more up down and sideways (but not a whole lot) and not land quite as accurately at the take off point automatically. I give mine a 15 foot radius for safety in landings and sometimes it will land 10-12 feet from take-off point on auto-land. Advanced and Pro stay within 2-6 feet usually. The controller is more limited with older technology. BUT the standard flies just as fast, and as high, takes just as good video and pics and is just as much fun as the $1000 models for 1/3 the price. In the beginning you always want to fly within line of sight (Standard’s limitations keeps you there) and legally you are ALWAYS supposed to fly line of sight.Read Review….
- 2.7K video and 12MP stills from the 3-axis stabilized integrated camera makes the Phantom 3 Standard a strong value.Enjoy the view: A live video feed gives you a 720p HD real-time view of what your camera sees right on your mobile device
- View a live image streamed from the drone up to a half mile away on the free DJI Go app using your mobile phone or tablet
- GPS assisted flight features let you concentrate on getting great images while the drone helps you fly safely. You can achieve advanced camera perspectives with the Point of Interest, Follow Me and Waypoints modes (pending app feature availability)
- Fly up to 25 minutes with the included intelligent battery
- A range of accessories is included:1 battery and charger, 2 full sets of propellers, radio controller, 8GB micro SD card
Drone Under 500
Best Video Drones Under $500
Just got the AA818 but have flown it indoors and out. Seems very stable in flight. Have had the Altair AA108 for some time and they are completely different animals. The 108 seems quicker and quite capable indoors or out. The 818 hovers more easily for video and is not as quick to respond to the controls (in a good way). We have a lot of windy days here, especially in March, and the FAQ’s on Altair’s site about limiting your flights with either one to breezes under 10 MPH are not kidding. When you read a review that one flew away my guess is that 90% or more of those flew away on days that were too windy. Gravity is the only thing bringing these little babies down, and an object a foot across weighing 6/10ths of a pound (AA108) or 1/2 pound (AA818) isn’t coming down as planned in a strong wind. Although I am pretty much a newbie the learning curve on these is hours, not days, and both seem very forgiving to minor crashes. Have not had a high speed into concrete crash but furniture and grass doesn’t hurt them much if at all. These are still “toy” drones but much superior to my previous toy drone that cost half as much as the AA108 and was worth about a dollar. Nice work Altair. I’d recommend either of these as a learning drone and they are OK for an intermediate even. You certainly get your money’s worth. And oh yeah. Customer service is unexcelled. Contact them and you will get a quick response and they will bend over backwards to help you and make you happy.Read Review…
- 720p HD Camera for amazing aerial photos and videos
- Easy to fly for all ages. Multiple Skill Settings Included
- Flight Modes like Altitude Hole, One Button Takeoff and Landing, and Headless Mode
- Smartphone Ready but Not Required
- Durably Built for Stable Flights
Drone Under 500
This is my first drone ever purchased. Thought it’d be wise to pick up an inexpensive one to learn on in case I didn’t enjoy it or had the inevitable crash. Flew the drone several times on the 2 supplied batteries. Really started to enjoy myself so bought a third battery to extend my flight times. After flying the drone and going through one of the original supplied batteries I decided to try the new battery out to see if there was any extended flight time with it. Upon plugging the battery in the drone immediately began to smoke. I unplugged the battery popped the top and sure enough the board was fried. I emailed USAToyz and asked if there was anything we could do to fix it and informed them of an aftermarket battery being used at the time. I supplied the pictures (attached to this review also) of the smoked board and they responded within the hour that they were sending me a new drone and prepaid shipping for this one to be sent back. Awesome customer service! I received the new drone within the same week and couldn’t be happier!Read Review…
- SUPER-LONG FLIGHTS: Fly for longer than other drones – up to 15 min. with no HD drone camera attached
- DO FLIPS + TRICKS: Great drone for beginners; easy to learn sweet stunts
- BRUSHLESS MOTORS: Get more power, quieter flight and better stability from this RC drone
- GOPRO-READY: We offer this drone without camera so you can equip a GoPro Hero 3 or 4
- EASY-FLY OPERATION: 1) Press and hold the red button, turn on the remote and release the button to get ready; 2) plug in the drone battery and listen for the beeps; 3) press down on the throttle then press the red button and away you go
Drone Under 500
Spark is a mini drone that features all of DJI’s signature technologies, allowing you to seize the moment whenever you feel inspired. With intelligent flight control options, a mechanical gimbal, and a camera with incredible image quality, Spark empowers you to push your creative boundaries. Quick Launch With Face Aware, Spark lifts off from your hand by recognizing your face. It takes off and hovers in place within seconds of powering on. Simple Control Take amazing aerial photos using just hand gestures, without a remote controller or mobile device. Create with Ease Intelligent Flight Modes and intuitive controls help you create cinematic aerial videos with just a few taps. Edit and Share The DJI GO 4 app features automatic editing templates and an array of filters. Quickly edit videos and share them straight to social media.
I had previously purchased a “toy” drone for my husband to use, it was only like $150 and he said it was really hard to fly. He has been wanting a real drone, but they are all fairly expensive and kinda big. So when he saw a preview video for DJI’s Spark – he was all over it!
The drone by itself retails for $500, so this Fly More Combo from DJI is absolutely worth it! You get a bunch of accessories you would/should buy anyways and save about $150! You can definitely use the drone without the remote, but having the remote gives you the distance – up to about 1.25 miles. You get about half that distance without the remote (just using your phone). The drone is very small, just about the size of your smartphone, maybe even smaller! It is very light, weighing less than a pound, but the motor is very powerful AND stable! It has a 1080p camera, which is very clear and takes pretty good video. The gimbal is only 2 axis so it is a little limited in terms of what directions you can point the camera, but you have to keep in mind that this drone isn’t necessarily made for professional videos. This is a consumer friendly drone – easy enough for the everyday person to use and figure out. If you need a 4K camera, you shouldn’t be looking at this drone.Read Review…
- Intelligent Flight ModesSmart, reliable, and incredibly intuitiveQuickShotVideos with a Tap
- High-Performance CameraAmazing images and stabilized videoMechanical Gimbal StabilizationShake-Free Shots
- Flight PerformanceAwesome potential, immersive experiencesPowerful Propulsion Speed and Precision Control
- Flight SafetyWorry-free flight in the palm of your hand;VPS range : 30 m
- 2-Axis Stabilized Gimbal Camera
Drone Under 500
Just when you thought UDI drones couldn’t get any more awesome, they brought you the all-new U818A WiFi FPV drone with Altitude Hold and Virtual Reality! Wait until you get yours up in the sky, you won’t believe your eyes. This high-flying USA Toyz exclusive is packed with brand new features you won’t find on any other drone! PLUS, this upgraded model comes with a VR Headset.
1. WiFi worked pretty well. Streamed to the phone at 720p with little problems and took (through the phone) excellent pictures. Movies require the included micorSD Card which I have so far consistently forgotten to install prior to going out to fly it.
2. Picture quality is very good! Colors and detail were very crisp.
3. Spare parts are included. Although I haven’t needed them yet, there are 4 extra blades, some extra motor gears and a couple of extra screws. Very reasonable parts list.Read Review…
- HD Camera – Capture pristine high definition 720p aerial photos and videos of everything in its path with its 2MP stationary camera. Video footage has been upgraded to 1280 × 720 at 30 FPS, which is a major plus for aerial photographers and videographers.
- Long Flight Time – Extra Battery and Power Bank are included so you can charge on the go and maximize your flight time!
- Great for Beginners – Its lightweight, ready to fly design makes it a perfect choice for novice pilots.
- 1-KEY LIFT/LAND + ALTITUDE HOLD + HEADLESS MODE: One of our top drones for beginners and pros; easy-control features give you more RC drone flight control and drone stability
- ✅ QUADCOPTER DRONE IPHONE/ANDROID APP: Use Flyingsee app on your mobile device; engage Custom Route Mode and Gravity Mode and see drone camera imagery on your screen
- ✅ VR FPV DRONE HEADSET: Virtual reality headset included! Experience first-person view (FPV) and fly your RC quadcopter drone with real-time display of the drone flight
- ✅ 720P HD CAMERA DRONE + BONUS BATTERY + POWER BANK: Built-in 2MP drone camera takes stunning footage; extra remote control drone battery + power bank lets you fly longer
- ✅ QUALITY ASSURED: Fly happy with this drone for kids and adults! We’ll provide a full refund if you’re not 100% tickled pink with one of our best drones with camera for adults and kids
Drone Under 500
Up to 25 Minutes Flight time
So I’ve had my drone for 6 months. I am impressed both by the drone and by the company. The drone is extremely easy to fly. So easy that I let people who’ve never flown a drone before fly it WITHOUT instruction. Although the video isn’t dji quality, it’s still good and the rest of the drone makes up for it. The drone is all around great, everything works as it should, and although you’ll end up spending $40 on downloadable content for the drone, it’s definitely worth the money. My drone, however, suffered a failure of the rear right motor midflight about 5 months after purchase. My drone (a) was not damaged by the fall (which was 150ft) and (b) never flew again because of the motor burnout. I was horrified by the crash and I needed some customer service support. I called parrot support. I’d never activated the warranty, so I didn’t think I was covered. Parrot support was US based and was very kind.
- Compact and lightweight quadcopter drone (1.1 lbs);Capture high-quality pictures perfectly
- Ultra-precise piloting and extended flight range of up to 1.2 mile with Parrot Skycontroller 2
- Immersive flight experience with Parrot Cockpitglasses (FPV goggles)
- Shoot full HD 1080P videos and 14Mpx photos with the built-in wide-angle camera. Footage can be captured in RAW, JPEG and DNG format.
- High capacity 2700mAh battery with up to 25 min battery life
- Unmatched 3-axis digital stabilization system ensures smooth and stable videos regardless of the drone’s movements
- Compatible Smartphone screen size for the Cockpitglasses: 4.7 – 5.2″ / 12 – 13 cm
Drone Under 500
Best Camera Drone Under 500
The HS110D is an amazing camera drone. The app is completely different than the one I have for my other drone (HS160). It is so much better. The app for the HS110D is very clean an refined. Not to mention that there is a fairly accurate battery indicator inside of the app. When you are flying during the daytime and can’t see the lights on the drone, you will know when you have low battery. There is also a flip mode which is pretty cool for doing tricks, but seeing as this is mainly a camera drone I don’t see myself using that feature too much. The flip mode also serves a useful purpose as well as just for entertainment.Read Review…
- FOV 120° 720P HD FPV CAMERA: This high-quality camera captures memorable moments. See the world through the eyes of a bird on your phone.
- ALTITUDE HOLD: It allows the rc quacopter to suspend in mid-air even with your hands off the joystick, for hands-free hovering. Easy, stable flight experience makes this a perfect drone for beginners, kids, starters, newbies, etc.
- HEADLESS MODE: Orientation of the drone is in relation to the pilot, easier to control and fly back when the drone is out of sight, you’ll have total control for a straightforward flying experience.
- MODULAR BATTERY AND CAMERA: The 3.7V 1000mAh high capacity battery can support a longer flying time; the modularized design of battery and camera offers more convenience and safety. PLEASE CHARGE WITH ORIGINAL CHARGING CABLE FOR SAFETY.
- MOBILE CONTROL: Operate the drone through an APP in a smart phone to activate multiple functions. Operate the camera function and flight in the APP interface.
Drone Under 500
So I purchased this drone for my sons 14th birthday. He has had a couple other cheaper and less quality drones that he was never even able to really get off the ground. Right out of the box he had it in the air very first try! I cannot explain the excitement he had! We had trouble pairing with his iPhone 7 and received an email from Neil at Holy Stone inquiring if we were enjoying our purchase. I told him my son was thrilled but was having trouble connecting to his phone. Within 10 min I received a detailed message back from Neil with step by step instructions which connected immediately.Read Review…
- Channel: 4 Channel Video
- Quadcopter Weight: 145g
- Dimensions: 12.6 * 12.6 * 4.70 in
- Recording Modes: 120° FOV 720P
- Playing Time: 10 mins
- Charging Time: about 120 mins
- Video Transmission Range: 196ft
- Transmitter Operation Range:196ft -328ft
- App Required Operating Systems: IOS 7.0or later/Android 4.4or later
- 120° WIDE-ANGLE 720P HD CAMERA: This advanced camera can be taken down easily and neatly. The high definition feature helps to capture memorable moments with your iPhone or Android phone devices.
- FPV REAL TIME TRANSMISSION: with high definition wide-angle camera, the drone can perform the FPV streaming live video very well and offer you a new perspective of amazing world from the air.
- ALTITUDE HOLD: Hover in a certain height once you release the throttle stick. Help players at any level especially beginners to control the drone perfectly. Images can be steadily snapped.
- HEADLESS MODE: Great functions when the drone is out of sight. The function depends on the direction of the user when he pairs the model.
- EASY FOR BEGINNERS: Modular design of battery and camera; Far Control Range: about 100 meters; Long Playing Time: 10 mins; Powerful and Modularized Li-Po Battery: 1000mAh; Quadcopter System: 2.4GHz 4 Channel 6 Axis Gyro Tech; Advanced ABS plastic and Charming Colors.
Drone Under 500
Potensic T25 drone is an intelligent RC drone, equipped with an advanced GPS system, engineered to locate the drone.
This is my first drone purchase. After reading reviews and compairing features and price I purchased the Potensic T25. After receiving my drone, I was disappointed that the battery would not hold a charge although the battery appeared to have a full charge by lighting all 4 blue lights. I installed the battery in the drone and as soon as I tried to take off for a flight the battery was only showing 2 lights. I tried charging the battery several more times with the same results. So I emailed Potensic support over the weekend and received a reply within 24 hours. They promised to send a new battery to try to be sure there wasn’t a problem with the drone itself. I did receive the new battery 4 days later and after charging I installed it in the drone. Sure enough it worked and has been working fine ever since. I love this drone it does everything I expected and was easy to learn how to operate . That’s saying a lot for a 74 year old guy. The HD camera does a fine job also. For the money, I don’t think you’ll find a better drone
- Dual GPS: GPS positioning + GLONASS positioning provide you with accurate positioning details of your drone. Also able to provide with automatic return, low power return and no signal return.
- Follow Me Mode: Follow to the GPS in your smartphone, ensuring your drone automatically follows and captures you wherever you go.
- All-Round Functions: Headless mode, altitude hold and one key takeoff / landing for easier operation, no need to worry about orientation and with a simple press on the button your drone will rise to a height or land, perfect for beginners.
- 1080P(Need SD Card) HD Wi-Fi Camera: 90° Adjustable angle, captures high-quality video and aerial photos. Possessing 1080P HD camera, high-speed picture transmission without delay. It records all your wonderful time, you only need enjoy real time beautiful scenery.
- Farther Control Distance: Can up to 300m, you can see a wider world and enjoy a more pleasant flight experience.
Drone Under 500
Best FPV Racing Drone Under 500
This XDR 220 Drone Kit is one of the best packages. Whether you are a first-time pilot or an avid DIYer, this drone is full of power and potential and will satisfy even the fastest cravings. This drone is top of its class because of its numerous features and powerful abilities.Light, extra durable, strong and bend-resistant Carbon Fiber Frame with integrated electronics and HD CCD Camera for weight reduction results in advanced precision and control
Overall this package is AMAZING. It literally flies better than super expensive custom drones that some people in my racing group have. Really an amazing kit Force1 has put together. It is basically plug and play with a little minor programming and set up and all of this is very well explained through videos posted to their website, plus customer service was very willing to help me get it working. Super fun and easy to take out and just fly! Camera is very nice and allows for perfect FPV. Goggles work perfect, they can easily switch channels and while I might be upgrading to a mushroom antenna for the goggles, the drone comes with one which makes for good reception. The controller looks and feels great, it is one of the best on the market and has very high controller resolution. You can also change all the settings you will ever need on the controller and through the free CleanFlight download.
This drone also functions great, the brushless motors, high quality propellers and other components make this drone one of the best racers on the market.
- FPV DRONE RACING KIT: Racing HD drone with camera live video + FPV goggles, RC drone remote, charger and case
- LIGHTWEIGHT DRONE CAMERA: A CCD sensor trims weight on this fast camera drone with FPV
- RADIO LINK AT9 TRANSMITTER: Big LCD screen makes nav easy; a must for racing drones with live camera feed
- CARBON-FIBER FRAME + CASE: Woven carbon fiber protects this high-speed RC drone on and off the “track”
- THIS GIFT GOES FAST: Get the DYS racing drone today before it flies off the shelf this holiday
Drone Under 500
Review:-Very satisfied with SupaQuad seller. I had the 2D version then this upgraded 3D. Better and tested failsafe and shuts off after 5 seconds of controller turned off. Best price for what you get out there right now.
Added a pic of the upgraded ESC with the added carbon fibder piece to raise and protect the tiny electronics from the inverted 3D flying where the props could bend and hit it.
- F210 3D Edition Flip in 3D Aerobatic Mode
- Optimized receiver RX Response 5ms 4 times faster in speed
- Optimized flight controller parameter adjustable by phone
- Optimized OSD (Update lock/unlock, lower battery indicator, horizon line, signal alarm function)
Best Drones Under 500 Buyers Guide 2020
Read More Review: